zondag 21 november 2010

A good 'second life'...


As a reaction on the blog of Matthias that dates of the second of November, I'd like to say that his statement in the last sentence is good, but not everything. My opinion is that an e-waste regulation would be great but that we, all the consumers and producers of cellphones, computers and Ipods, can do more than regulations can ever do. To prove my statement, I will start in my own family. In our kitchen, we have a cupboard where all our old and not longer used cellphones are placed in. The moment I opened that cupboard, I was a little bit surprised of everything which was in it: there were no more than 8 cellphones inside and all of them were in perfect working condition! Because nobody uses them anymore; you can call them e-waste. I thought about a good 'second life' for it and after some googling, I found a company where you can sell your old mobile phones. The company is called 'cell for cash'. On their web page you can , with a simple click on your keyboard, sell your old phone for a reasonable price. You put it in a box the company has sent you and after they have controlled the quality of the phone, you recover your money. Then it is the intention to sell your phone in developing countries. If it can't be sold anymore, the company offers you 'free recycling' for the phone, which is good for the environment.

The conclusion of the working of the company is that there are 2 advantages: you help the environment and it is good for your portfolio!

(Source: http://www.cellforcash.com/ )

Mathieu Delmulle

2 opmerkingen: